From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Any newer Gentoo install CDs?
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 23:46:27
1 Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > My son built a PC Friday using an Asus P5E motherboard. We went to
4 > install Gentoo 2007.0 and found it didn't see the disk drives and
5 > hence cannot be installed.
6 >
7 > Clearly 2007.0 is getting quite loong in the tooth so we're
8 > wondering if there something newer somewhere that we could use?
9 >
10 > thanks,
11 > Mark
14 If you have two CD drives, you can boot Knoppix or another live CD and
15 install from there. I have never done this but have read where others
16 have and had no problem.
17
18 Someone else may have a better solution but that is one at least.
19
20 Dale
21
23 --