From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Why is the latest release 2006.1?
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 06:43:26
1 Norberto Bensa wrote:
2 > Daniel da Veiga wrote:
3 >
4 >> On 4/15/07, Norberto Bensa <nbensa@×××.net> wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> Not true. 2006.1 doesn't boot on my hardware.
7 >>>
8 >
9 > ...
12 >>> We (I) need 2007.0 ASAP.
13 >>>
14 >> Just get any old version (that works),
17 > That's the point. None works. The media needs kernel 2.6.18 or better.
18 >
19 > I can use Knoppix or Ubuntu, but that's not the point.
24 Maybe some are not understanding the point he is making. If I
25 understand correctly, he needs a newer release so that when he boots the
26 CD to do a install, it will see his hardware. It would appear that the
27 2006 series is not seeing some hardware, whatever that is, and he needs
28 a newer version to get it to see his hardware to do the install. I
29 don't think he is talking about after the install but trying to start
30 the install while booted from the CD.
31
32 OP, am I getting this right? That's the way I took it anyway. Gosh it
33 is hard to explain in print. No wonder it takes so long to write a
34 book. ;-)
35
36 Dale
37
41 www.myspace.com/-remove-me-dalek1967
42
43 Copy n paste then remove the -remove-me- part.