From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ssl timeout when downloading file(s)
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 17:02:55
1 On Fri, Oct 26, 2007 at 08:15:46AM -0600, Penguin Lover Eric Phillips squawked:
2 > I have gnutls and openssl installed, and have run revdep-rebuild. I am
3 > able to visit https sites, only downloads are affected. neither wget
4 > nor ping will work. wget returns "unable to resolve name". however my
5 > other computer is able to resolve the same site just fine.
8 equery uses wget ?
9
10 ping is irrelevant. It is the wrong layer for your problem.
11 unless, of course, you just pinged the hostname (without the https://
12 part) and it couldn't resolve it; then the problem is either the site
13 is down or your DNS server is acting up.
14
15 W
18 Pintsize: When talking about the human experience, it all comes back
19 around to poopin' eventually.
20 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 322 days, 15:19
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list