From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Syntax for masking kde:4?
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 09:40:01
1 On Sunday 11 October 2009 20:16:24 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2
3 > Portage unfortunately doesn't allow wildcards in the package name of
4 > atoms. But you can install KDE4 on one machine and then use:
5 >
6 > qlist -ISLC kde-base/*:4.3
7 >
8 > to generate a list to put in package.mask in the machines you don't want
9 > KDE4. On my machine, the above command results in the following (it
10 > should at least cut down on the rest of the packages you need to mask):
11
12 Excellent idea! I'll get started straight away - thanks Nikos.
13
14 A third possibility, besides the two I mentioned just now: a good dose of
15 lateral thinking.
18 Rgds
19 Peter
20
21 PS. Thanks also to Jonathan C who's saved me even that little trouble.