From: tuxic@××××××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Creative Sound Blaster Z 5.1 (CA0132)
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2020 15:36:18
1 hi,
2
3 The onboard sound chip of my new motherboard is ...<hrrrm>...
4
5 I am looking for a soundcard. I came accross the
6
7 Creative Sound Blaster Z 5.1
8
9 the problem with the soundcard is: I can find a CONFIG_SND_HDA_CODEC_CA0132
10 setting in the kernel configuration file (not set yet of course) and
11 on the other hand I can find a lot of people complaining about not
12 getting this beast to work under Linux. The CA0132 is the sound chip
13 of that card.
14 And I dont know how well the support is, if it will work at all.
15
16 If someone on this list ownes this card I would be very happy for
17 a short info about whether it works und Linux, whether there are
18 any restrictions and how well the support is.
19
20 Thanks a lot in advance for any helpful advice!
21 :)
22
23 Cheers!
24 Meino