From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] grub menu and the new openrc
Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 17:43:27
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 15:14 on Sunday 15 May 2011, Dale did opine
2 thusly:
3
4 > Neil Bothwick wrote:
5 > > On Sun, 15 May 2011 05:34:07 -0500, Dale wrote:
6 > >> I updated my kernel and had to reboot. I usually boot to single user
7 > >> mode and rebuild my video drivers.
8 > >
9 > > Why not rebuild them before you reboot? It's far more convenient.
10 >
11 > But that doesn't fix the problem I posted. There are times when I need
12 > to boot to something besides the default runlevel. Right now, I can't
13 > do that so I want to fix it so that I can boot to another runlevel.
16 Like what for instance?
17
18 I can't remember the last time I needed single user mode. In excess of 4 years
19 methinks. It would appear that you are doing something wrong and taking
20 unneccessary steps to accomplish something.
25 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com