From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] PPTP connection to Windows server 2003 vpn
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 23:42:35
1 On Tue, 2007-07-03 at 12:50 -0500, Karl Haines wrote:
2 > I've been following the guide at:
3 > http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_PPTP_VPN_client_%28Microsoft-compatible_with_mppe%29
4 >
5 > Trying to get my vpn to work going from my linux laptop. That would
6 > really make the boss jealous!
7
8 heh, vpn from my linux laptop to our windows servers worked for me over
9 a bad modem, and my boss who was travelling with me couldn't get his
10 working from his windows laptop!
11
12 > Anyhow, when i run my ifconfing ppp0,
13 > after doing /etc/init.d/net.ppp0 start, it looks like this:
14
15 [snip]
16
17 hmm, looks like you haven't got an ip address for the connection...
18 Personally, I use pon to start my vpn link. what do you see in your
19 syslog? try pon and see if the output tells you anything.
22 > I see no inet entries like i think i should, and if i do:
23 >
24 > route add -net 192.168.0.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 dev ppp0
25 >
26 > is says the interface doesn't exist!!
27
28 yeah, that won't work unless you have an ip address...
29
30 HTH,
34 You don't sew with a fork, so I see no reason to eat with knitting needles.
35 -- Miss Piggy, on eating Chinese Food
38 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list