From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Enlightenment segfaults?
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 07:10:33
1 On Thu, Jul 28, 2005 at 06:39:42PM -0700, Bob Sanders wrote:
2 > On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 16:10:30 -0400
3 > Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU> wrote:
4 >
5 > > Some more observations to my problem:
6 > >
7 > > 1. If, after I started X, I leave it overnight in a vc, then
8 > > nothing bad happens.
11 > It looks like firefox is causing the problem or perhaps one of the GTK libs
12 > or the GTK engine itself.
13 >
14 > The error does not appear to be enlightenment, rather enlightenment gets
15 > caught in the middle when X is forced to die.
16 >
17 > Perhaps you need to compile firefox rather then using the bin?
18 >
19 > Bob
20 > -
21 > --
22 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
23
24 You might be right!
25 1) Firefox is one of the applications that I updated before
26 starting to get this problem. And I know I have not updated Xorg or
27 enlightenment (though I did update imlib2, which is why I suspected
28 E to be the problem)
29
30 2) X didn't crash when I am just running enlightenment
31
32 3) X just crashed again, and I was running only the barebones X
33 server, a rxvt terminal, and firefox.
34
35 I'll try downgrading firefox.
36
37 W
40 These are things people "actually said" in court....
41 +++++++
42 Q: What is your date of birth?
43 A: July fifteenth.
44 Q: What year?
45 A: Every year.
46 +++++++
47 Q: What gear were you in at the moment of the impact?
48 A: Gucci sweats and Reeboks.
49 +++++++
50 Q: Sir, what is your IQ?
51 A: Well, I can see pretty well, I think.
52 +++++++
53 Q: Did you blow your horn or anything?
54 A: After the accident?
55 Q: Before the accident.
56 A: Sure, I played for ten years. I even went to school for it.
57 +++++++
58 Q: Trooper, when you stopped the defendant, were your red and blue
59 lights flashing?
60 A: Yes.
61 Q: Did the defendant say anything when she got out of her car?
62 A: Yes, sir.
63 Q: What did she say?
64 A: What disco am I at?
65 +++++++
66 Q: Now doctor, isn't it true that when a person dies in his sleep,
67 he doesn't know about it until the next morning?
68 +++++++
69 Q: The youngest son, the twenty-year old, how old is he?
70 +++++++
71 Q: Were you present when your picture was taken?
72 +++++++
73 Q: She had three children, right?
74 A: Yes.
75 Q: How many were boys?
76 A: None.
77 Q: Were there any girls?
78 +++++++
79 Q: How was your first marriage terminated?
80 A: By death.
81 Q: And by whose death was it terminated?
82 +++++++
83 Q: Is you appearance here this morning pursuant to a deposition notice
84 which I sent to your attorney?
85 A: No, this is how I dress when I go to work.
86 +++++++
87 Q: Doctor, how many autopsies have you performed on dead people?
88 A: All my autopsies are performed on dead people.
89 +++++++
90 Q: Doctor, before you performed the autopsy, did you check for a pulse?
91 A: No.
92 Q: Did you check for blood pressure?
93 A: No.
94 Q: Did you check for breathing?
95 A: No.
96 Q: So, then it is possible that the patient was alive when you began
97 the autopsy?
98 A: No.
99 Q: How can you be so sure, Doctor?
100 A: Because his brain was sitting on my desk in a jar.
101 Q: But could the patient have still been alive nevertheless?
102 A: Yes, it is possible that he could have been alive and practicing
103 law somewhere.
104 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 4 days, 6:35
105 --
106 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list