From: Xavier Parizet <xav@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OK to disable "filter" USE in php?
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 18:02:18
1 Grant a écrit :
2 > I noticed amavisd-new is being pulled in by the "filter" USE flag in
3 > squirrelmail. I don't use amavisd-new (I greylist), so I removed
4 > filter from make.conf and then realized it is also used in the php
5 > package. I only use php with squirrelmail. Is it safe for me to
6 > remove the filter USE flag from php? I don't want to make a security
7 > mistake.
8
9 The filter useflag in PHP allow PHP users to filter PHP output to compress it
10 for example, as euse -i filter shows us:
11
12 xavier@xps ~ $ euse -i filter
13 global use flags (searching: filter)
14 ************************************************************
15 no matching entries found
16
17 local use flags (searching: filter)
18 ************************************************************
19 [+ ] filter (dev-lang/php):
20 Add filter extension support
21
22 [+ ] filter (mail-client/squirrelmail):
23 Enable mail-filter/amavisd-new filtering
24
25 so filter is not a global useflag, you can disable it if you do not need filter
26 extension in php, and it is also safe.
27
28 HTH.
29
30 > - Grant