From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] eix way too verbose
Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 09:48:14
11 > > I have no need to see that full list of USE flags between braces on
12 > > the "Available versions" line - the information is already on
13 > > the "Installed versions" line.
14 >
15 > It is accidental that the informations are identical in this case.
16 > The first one are the useflags of all ebuilds for the package, the
17 > second one are that stored in /var/db/pkg. You will see a
18 > difference for other packages (e.g. probably for gcc or *-sources).
19 > Note that if you use -l (--versionlines) the IUSE output will be even
20 > more verbose, but I guess if you look at the gcc/*-sources example
21 > you will understand the reason.
22
23 I do understand the reason perfectly well and I do know what eix is
24 doing and why. I just wanted to disable the "Available" display, as
25 there are other means I use to find what's in a packages' IUSE.
26
27 Bo did provide the information I was looking for:
28
29 EIX_PRINT_IUSE='false'
30
31 thanks
32
33 alan
37 Optimists say the glass is half full,
38 Pessimists say the glass is half empty,
39 Developers say wtf is the glass twice as big as it needs to be?
40
41 Alan McKinnon
42 alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za
43 +27 82, double three seven, one nine three five
44 --
45 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list