From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Boot Gentoo live iso from grub
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2018 20:25:56
1 On Sun, 18 Feb 2018 11:10:38 -0800, Daniel Frey wrote:
2
3 > I started moving away from Grub2 mostly because on my EFI computers it
4 > was booting in blind mode so you couldn't see what was going on while
5 > booting.
6
7 I moved away from it on my EFI computers simply because I could!
8
9 > The thing I hate is that the grub2 configuration generator generates
10 > 5000 line config files and if it doesn't do exactly what you want it's a
11 > real pain in the arse to do something simple like rename a loader entry.
12
13 > So I've been making my own config files that are much more brief.
14
15 The generators are only shell scripts. I wrote my own which generate
16 much shorter configs that do what I want, and removed the executable bit
17 on the original scripts.
21 Neil Bothwick
22
23 The dark ages were caused by the Y1K problem.