From: Nick Cunningham <nick@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge --sync kde-base/
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 01:38:25
1 2009/1/28 AllenJB <gentoo-lists@××××××××××.uk>
2
3 > Norberto Bensa wrote:
4 >
5 >> Hello,
6 >>
7 >> I'm wondering. Is it posible to emerge --sync part of the tree. For
8 >> example, I want to only sync kde-base/ and kde-misc/?
9 >>
10 >> Thanks in advance,
11 >> Norberto
12 >>
13 >> No, there isn't. You wouldn't want to try either - there will be relevant
14 > files in other parts of the tree (eg. eclasses, related packages in other
15 > categories) that you'll also want to make sure are up-to-date.
16 >
17 > AllenJB
20 Agreed, i certainly wouldnt recommend it, if its a space issue your better
21 off looking at compressing the tree, or if its speed then mounting it in RAM
22 (or some other method, theres plenty of guides on the forums for just this).
23
24 If you *really* want to, then the best (and perhaps only?) way is to use the
25 make.conf option to pass options to rsync and then use this to tell rsync to
26 exclude certain directories, although do note that if you try this it is
27 totally unsupported and will likely get you flamed/ignored/laughed at if you
28 encounter problems :)
29
30 - Nick