From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Unmerge KDE script
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 14:05:31
1 On Thursday 22 June 2006 15:31, Mick wrote:
2 > Thank you all for your replies.  I have not installed KDE 3.5 yet.  I
3 > am just trying to remove monolithic 3.4 first.
4
5 In that case you can replace --clean (or --prune) with --unmerge. You had a
6 look at [1]?
7
8 The original error was because you didn't have akode installed. /var/db/pkg
9 contains only the packages you have installed whereas /usr/portage contains
10 everything. equery --list outputs only what you have installed by default.
11
12 Finally you should know that because kde is slotted you do not have to remove
13 kde-3.4 before installing kde-meta-3.5. But you have to remove it before
14 installing kde-meta-3.4. Monolithic and split packages block each other only
15 within the same slot.
16
17 In general it helps to tell us what you want to achieve from the beginning. It
18 enables us to tell you what you want to do rather that what you think you
19 want to do. ;)
20
21 [1] http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/kde-config.xml
24 Bo Andresen