From: Zhang Le <r0bertz@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] F'ing Idiots on IRC Re: A plea for calm
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 18:52:25
1 On 15:39 Wed 17 Sep , Stroller wrote:
2 > To be completely fair, if you deal with other peoples' problems on IRC on a
3 > regular basis then you will know the number of idiots to be quite
4 > staggering. There is an unending supply of them - if only we could fuel
5 > automobiles with idiocy! - and always another one ready to pop out the
6 > woodwork the moment you've dealt with the last one. It is staggering how
7 > many questions on IRC can be answered with a simple Google.
8
9 I myself running a #gentoo-cn, a gentoo-china google group.
10 Also I am a moderator of two gentoo forums, unfortunately one of them is
11 temporarily down (linuxsir.org).
12 Many times, I have exactly the same feeling.
13 However, I never call a new comer an idiot however stupid his question is,
14 thanks to the #paludis people.
15 Coz I know how much that hurts, both to him and to my project.
16
17 Zhang Le