From: Christoph Eckert <ce@×××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE GUI for network settings
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 23:04:14
1 Hi,
4 > I'm sorry - this is probably noob stuff.
5
6 Ah, OK.
7
8 > I'm unable to find it, doing
9 > emerge --search knetworkconf
10
11 The application is not yet official enough, so you'll not find it in the
12 portage tree. Instead...
13
14 > How do I find and install the kdereview/knetworkconf module? (I have
15 > KDE 3.4.1)
16
17 you need it to check out from CVS or to build it manually from sources
18 which can be found on http://knetworkconf.sf.net:
19
20 http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/knetworkconf/knetworkconf-0.6.1.tar.bz2?download
21
22 If you're a real noobie to Linux building packages from source isn't
23 really the easiest thing on earth, OTOH if you have luck it will build
24 just fine:
25
26 * After downloading unpack the source
27 * Open a shell window in the directory where the (unpacked) source
28 resides
29 * run the following commands:
30 ./configure && make
31