From: Wolfgang Illmeyer <wolfgang.illmeyer@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Should we NEVER do an ``emerge -u world''?
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 20:05:11
1 Am Mittwoch, 27. September 2006 20:21 schrieb sdoma:
2 > Again top-posting :)
3 > One thing for you before I leave:
4 > I know that it is possible to avoid installation of unwanted upgrades
5 > using portage, but I don't like to have to say my comp what NOT TO DO. I
6 > await from my comp to do what I say it TO DO because I'm (mostly)
7 > knowing what I'm doing.
8 >
9 > F.
10 >
11 > PS: Imagine you send your wife buying some food. What is more
12 > applicable? Telling her what to buy or telling her what not to buy?
13
14 So where's your problem? You say emerge -u world, and it updates world...
15 You can also try --pretend to see what you're doing before it's too late.
16 And seemingly, you also told etc-update to overwrite your fstab, and it did ;)
17
18 /Wolfgang
19 --
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list