From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Some update yesterday broke my system - which one
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2015 13:43:24
1 On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 5:21 AM, Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××.be> wrote:
2 >
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > some update yesterday which was not yet available on August, 1st,
6 complete broke my system.
7 > (Probably systemd-224)
8 >
9 > I couldn't do anything, especially no downgrading a package.
10 > I had to revert to a backup from July, 29th.
11 >
12 > It turned out that something has installed /lib/udev while removing the
13 symlink /lib -> /lib64 on my machine.
14 > Therefore /lib did contains nothing but udev which broke my system
15 completely.
16 >
17 > Has anybody made a similar experience or does anybody have explanation
18 for that?
19
20 I have 2 versions on systemd in different machines: 218 and 222. Both of
21 them install files in /lib and in /lib64. None of them touch the symbolic
22 link, and I don't see how they could do it. That pertains to portage; when
23 a package gets installed, it installs into /var/tmp (or wherever
24 PORTAGE_TMPDIR points to), and then portage merges the files
25 from PORTAGE_TMPDIR into the filesystem.
26
27 I don't see how the symbolic link from /lib to /lib64 could be modified.
28
29 Regards.
30 --
31 Canek Peláez Valdés
32 Profesor de asignatura, Facultad de Ciencias