From: Alan Warren <bluemoonshine@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] system lag with gentoo-sources-2.6.35-r2
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 15:18:08
1 Thanks Mark, I'll look into that config option, and try again with top open.
2
3 In this case I was doing a home backup to a 1TB WD Caviar black formatted
4 as ext3.
5
6 I also have a raid0 with 2 other non-WD sata drives, and a single WD
7 velociraptor I can test
8 with.
9
10 It also doesn't sound too far off that FF could be the culprit (mentioned
11 above), as I have it
12 open all the time, and so far it's been the first place I've noticed these
13 hiccups. That could
14 be coincidence though, as I've pretty much always got it open and these
15 hiccups are
16 system wide.
17