From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: 14TB filesystem problems...
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 03:46:13
1 Richard Fish <bigfish <at> asmallpond.org> writes:
5 > AFAIK, yes. LVM2 would be the "non-traditional" partitioning scheme
6 > of choice for Linux. Plus, you can grow the filesystem to a second
7 > array later if you need more space.
8
9 > But, I have no experience with filesystems larger than 0.5TB, so I
10 > cannot say what the _best_ method is. LVM2 would just be my first
11 > choice.
12
13 Why would this be better than EVMS? Note, I'm not challenging what
14 you are saying, just curious to learn the advantages or
15 limitations of LVM2 versus EVMS?
16
17 http://evms.sourceforge.net
18
19 http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_setup_evms
20
21 I only ask these questions, as I'm researching how to use either LVM
22 or something to manage a very large file sytem (T bytes) of
23 video and several databases.
24
25 James
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list