From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] where to put mount --bind during startup
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 00:52:31
1 At Thu, 14 Sep 2006 23:55:48 +0100 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2
3 > On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 18:31:52 -0400, Allan Gottlieb wrote:
4 >
5 >> 2. Assuming I want to go with mount --bind, how do I make it happen
6 >> during startup (I assume the mount is not preserved across
7 >> reboots). The man pages for fstab doesn't suggest that fstab is
8 >> the way to go. Do you put the mount in the boot runlevel and if so
9 >> where?
10 >
11 > You can do it in fstab, I've been doing it for a while. Just make sure
12 > the bind line is after the one mounting the target.
13 >
14 > /dev/hda1 /local somefs blah
15 > /local/allan/gottlieb /home/gottlieb auto bind
16
17 Thank you.
18 allan
19 --