From: Bo Andresen <bo.andresen@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] amd64 Installer LiveCD?
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 00:26:49
1 On Sunday 19 March 2006 22:27, JimD wrote:
2 > Is there a liveCD for amd64?
3 >
4 > The amd64 handbook part 1, chapter3 under the "Do I need Networking?"
5 > section states:
6 >
7 > "The stage3 file built by the amd64 Installer LiveCD is optimized for
8 > generic amd64 usage and uses NPTL."
9 >
10 > However looking on the download page I only see the LiveCD for x86.
11 >
12 > I really liked the LiveCD for x86 because I was able to browse the
13 > web/email while the installer did its thing : ) I am getting an amd64
14 > system tomorrow and will be putting Gentoo on it and it would nice to have
15 > a GUI desktop during the install.
16
17 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/2006.0/handbook-amd64.xml?part=1&chap=2#doc_chap3
18
19 "You can download the Universal Installation CD (and, if you want to, the
20 Packages CD as well) from one of our mirrors. The Installation CD is located
21 in the releases/amd64/2006.0/installcd directory; the Package CD is located
22 in the releases/amd64/2006.0/packagecd directory."
25 Bo Andresen
26 --
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list