From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to update a system if some packages can't be updated
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2017 20:19:33
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On 07/03/2017 21:46, Dale wrote:
3 >> Helmut Jarausch wrote:
4 >>> Hi,
5 >>> I have packages which can't be updated at the moment, e.g.
6 >>> dev-python/numba doesn't work with llvm-4.0.0(_rc3)
7 >>> But this makes
8 >>>
9 >>> emerge -uvp --tree --unordered-display --verbose-conflicts --deep
10 >>> --with-bdeps=y @world
11 >>>
12 >>> fail. Is there any means to proceed except masking all those packages
13 >>> which can't be currently updated.
14 >>>
15 >>> Many thanks for a hint,
16 >>> Helmut
17 >>>
18 >> Would --keepgoing work? Sometimes that doesn't work, depending on what
19 >> packages depend on something that needs to be updated first. Also,
20 >> sometimes --skipfirst comes in handy.
21 > Helmut's question looks like emerge fails to make a list of stuff to
22 > compile due to hard blocks. Not a compile failure.
23 >
24 > So --keep-going won't work
28 I read it as a package fails, numba, and emerge stops. Either way,
29 sometimes that option doesn't help anyway. Sometimes emerge has done
30 all it can and it needs a human fix to carry on.
31
32 Dale
33