From: Roman Dobosz <gryf73@××.pl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: VIM and colors and the gui on the console or so...
Date: Sun, 08 May 2016 17:48:03
1 On Tue, 26 Apr 2016 19:35:55 +0200
2 Meino.Cramer@×××.de wrote:
3
4 > Is it possible to make urxvt "ISO-8613-3 compatible" as I either get
5 > a bunch of error messages from vim (guicolors not set) or a colored
6 > vim window...but the colors are extremly bright and variations of
7 > red, orange and yellow....when using the "zenburn" colorscheme,
8 > which is the true opposite of it.
9 >
10 > And -- if urxvt cannot to be convinced to be compatible -- what
11 > comparable terminal is recommended for that purpose...
12
13 The only 24b capable terminal emulators I'm aware of are Konsole,
14 qterminal, terminals based on libvte and st. Urxvt supports up to 256
15 colors (with USE flag 256-color), unless the 24b branch[1] is used.
16 Didn't try it, therefore I'm not sure it implementation is ISO-8613-3
17 compatible.
18
19 > May there is another vim geek/nerd out there, who has already fixed
20 > that??
21
22 I've never looked for fancy stuff like 24bit color support in
23 terminal, but I understand the need (I'd like to have it in upstream
24 urxvt, so that I can have my color scheme looks identical to that one
25 in gvim). You can consult a gist[2] which gather together status of
26 various terminals/multiplexers/programs in one place.
27
28 [1] https://github.com/spudowiar/rxvt-unicode/tree/24bit
29 [2] https://gist.github.com/XVilka/8346728
32 -^- _ something is grinding the emptiness:
33 _ /O)_\// Covenant - Theremin
34 (_(|__(_(_) grf. http://digitalgunfire.com