From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Emerge server
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 16:16:33
1 On Monday 21 March 2011 11:44:47 I wrote:
2 > On Monday 21 March 2011 10:40:52 I wrote:
3 > > Have I missed something in the setup?
4 >
5 > I had. I'd missed "--config-root=/target" to go with "--root=target".
6
7 I'm now finding one problem that threatens to invalidate the whole idea. Today I
8 returned after a few days away and ran an update, after mounting the Atom's file
9 systems to /mnt/atom/target on the i5 and chrooting into /mnt/atom.
10
11 12 packages needed to be updated; four of those were installed to the chroot and
12 the other eight to the target. They should all have gone to the target.
13
14 Has anyone here tried working this way? I can't tell whether the problem is
15 woolly thinking on my part or problems in portage. I did think portage had all
16 the tools it needs to maintain another system mounted on a target directory
17 under the file-system root.
20 Rgds
21 Peter