From: Raffaele BELARDI <raffaele.belardi@××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] X segfault with nvidia-drivers-295.40 on GT520
Date: Thu, 03 May 2012 06:41:50
1 One month ago I switched to an Nvidia-based (ASUS GT520, PCI-e) video
2 card on an ~amd64 box. I immediately had problems with the latest Nvidia
3 driver causing a segfault when X started (text console is ok) so I
4 switched to 295.20-r1 and everything was fine.
5
6 But I forgot to mask 295.40 and during yesterday's update it got pulled
7 in again, with the same segfault behaviour when starting X.
8
9 I tried to manually downgrade nvidia-drivers but now glibc is upgraded
10 to 2.15-r1 and nvidia-drivers-295.20-r1 depends on an older glibc
11 (2.14.1-r3, I think). Emerge refuses to downgrade glibc so I am stuck.
12
13 Since it is a mythtv box I want to stay away from nouveau. No problem
14 myself with it but most of the mythtv development is around proprietary
15 nvidia drivers.
16
17 What other options do I have?
18 Is everybody running nvidia-drivers-295.40 without problems?
19
20 thanks,
21
22 raffaele