From: Kenton Groombridge <kgroombr@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How do I enlarge graphics with mouse hover?
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2006 18:36:49
1 Richard Fish wrote:
2
3 >Still works for me. You should check that "Show previews in file
4 >tips" under Behavior is turned on. You should also make sure you are
5 >using the File Management profile (Settings->Load View Profile).
6 >
7 >You can also try to backup and delete your ~/.kde3.5 directory, and
8 >start over. Maybe you have some kind of issue there...
9 >
10 >-Richard
13 My settings were correct.
14
15 I deleted my old .kde* directories when I upgraded to kde 3.5 since I
16 was having other wierd issues, but I did it again, and it worked. It
17 shouldn't be this difficult. I have never had this happen before during
18 normal use, and a simple upgrade shouldn't cause all the settings to go
19 wacky especially when they show correctly through the configuration
20 settings.
21
22 I did some work to determine why my login manager wallpaper doesn't show
23 up properly.
24
25 If I download a wallpaper via the login manager, it places it in
26 /root/.kde/share/wallpapers/
27
28 For example, I picked a random wallpaper and installed it. In the
29 /usr/kde/3.5/share/config/kdm/backgroundrc it shows as:
30
31 Wallpaper=$HOME/.kde/share/wallpapers/QuakeLinux--0
32
33 Log out, log in, and it doesn't show, but if I change the line to:
34
35 Wallpaper=/root/.kde/share/wallpapers/QuakeLinux--0
36
37 it works perfect. Which explains why the never showed up properly. All
38 my login wallapers are located in /root
39
40 When logging in, the environment variable $HOME hasn't been determined.
41 Sounds like a bug. Can anybody else confirm this?
42
43 Thanks,
44 Ken
45 --