From: Jarry <jarry@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] new 2 gentoo
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 16:49:27
1 Mario Carugno wrote:
2 > Hi there, i'm curious about Gentoo. Installation needs some compilation ?
3
4 Compilation of packages is what makes Gentoo different from others...
5
6 > I ask because i want to try Gentoo on an old 40MB Pentium I / 120mhz, and if
7 > some compilation is needed, i could forget it.
8
9 Forget it...
10
11 > Is Gentoo suited for such old computers ?
12
13 You might use it on old computer, but:
14 - you need big hard drive
15 - you need a lot of time
16
17 Or you can install precompiled packages. But imho, for serious work
18 it is necessary to have a "little" better hardware configuration...
19
20 Jarry
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list