From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] libxml2 conflicts
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 17:02:13
1 On Wed, 13 Jan 2016 16:52:15 +0000 (UTC), James wrote:
2
3 > Beside a specific resolution, I guess I'm curious as to other
4 > gentoo-admin philosophies related to autounmask usage and keeping the
5 > package.use file reasonable and as concise as possible. Suggestions?
6 >
7 I use a directory for package.use, then autounmask puts its entries in
8 the last file in there, so I have a file called zzz-autounmask. It's
9 pretty easy to clean up, just delete/move it and run emerge -u @world
10 again and it will be repopulated with any settings that are still needed.
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 [unwieldy legal disclaimer would go here - feel free to type your own]