From: Robin Atwood <robin.atwood@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [Bulk] Re: [gentoo-user] Questions about systemd logging
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 14:38:06
1 On Friday 11 January 2013, Kevin Chadwick wrote:
2 > On Thu, 10 Jan 2013 23:46:29 +0700
3 >
4 > Robin Atwood <robin.atwood@×××××××××.net> wrote:
5 > > Thanks for the tips, now I can get more output to tty1 if I want. I
6 > > still can't get any systemd messages to syslog-ng, however. A bit of
7 > > a mystery.
8 >
9 > This may be way off as I expect systemd to never shape up to a point
10 > that I will use it, but with a bit of luck this may point you in the
11 > right direction. On Arch systemd avoiders had to change their
12 > syslog-ng.conf to the following to get their logging back.
13 >
14 > source src {
15 > unix-dgram("/dev/log");
16 > internal();
17 > file("/proc/kmsg");
18 > };
19
20 I already have that! It's the systemd source that seems to have run dry.
21
22 Cheers
23 -Robin
24 --
26 Robin Atwood.
27
28 "Ship me somewheres east of Suez, where the best is like the worst,
29 Where there ain't no Ten Commandments an' a man can raise a thirst"
30 from "Mandalay" by Rudyard Kipling