From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kmail/kontact display anomaly
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 20:25:22
1 On Tuesday 19 January 2010 22:12:09 Jim Cunning wrote:
2 > I have noticed for a long time, and continuing with KDE 4.4, that
3 > kmail/kontact shows a bunch of small popup window boxes, each containing a
4 > single letter, whenever it's displaying a message and the control key is
5 > pressed and released. Another depression/release of the control key
6 > removes the boxes.
7 >
8 > I first noticed this with KDE 3.4 on OpenSUSE 10.3, and it has continued on
9 > gentoo with KDE 3.5 and now 4.4. An example of what I'm describing can be
10 > seen at http://cunning.ods.org/kmail-boxes.jpg
11 >
12 > I couldn't get any useful hits on Google with the keywords I came up with.
13 > Has anyone seen this and/or know how to eliminate it?
14
15 Those are quick-link thingys that highlight clickable text in the mail. IIRC
16 the intent is so you can type Ctrl-D and the browser will take you to the link
17 labelled D
18
19 I used to have it, then I did something in System Settings or kmail's config
20 and it went away. Go through both looking for options that mention "Ctrl". I
21 forget what it was, but do remember it was distinctly not obvious at the time.
25 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com