From: Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] new printer : any thoughts ?
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 16:33:24
1 On 12/11/2013 03:01:29 AM, Philip Webb wrote:
2 > My ancient printer's ink cartridge has finally dried up
3 > & the mobo in my regular computer accepts only USB.
4 > I don't do much printing, but occasionally need a few pages.
5 >
6 > The local store has an HP Deskjet 2510 on sale this week.
7 >
8 > Does anyone have thoughts or suggestions ?
9
10 Have a look at Kyocera printers.
11 Privately and at our institute we have only the best experiences with
12 Kyocera printers.
13 I have an FS 1028 MFP,
14
15 it's a reasonably fast b&w laser printer. It has a duplex unit for
16 printing AND scanning and copying.
17
18 It scans b&w as well as color sheets.
19
20 It can be connected via USB and LAN.
21
22 I have a LAN at home and can print from my Android phone wirelessly.
23
24 Kyocera has the cheapest cost per print.
25
26 I would buy it again immediately if necessary.
27
28 Helmut