From: Xavier Parizet <xav@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] Acer Core2Duo only sees 3G of RAM
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 07:53:58
1 Hi,
2
3 You don't need to go to bed :) Just setup your kernel to use High-Memory:
4 cd /usr/src/linux; make menuconfig; then item:
5 Processor type and features -> High Memory Support -> 4GB
6 And it's done, but keep in mind that userspace processes will still be limited
7 to 3GB of memory use (AFAIK) (if someone would like to correct me, he is welcome).
8
9 If you want your processes to use more than 3GB of memory, then yes, boot up
10 with a 64bit OS (again correct me if i'm wrong) ;)
11
12 HTH.
13
14 Mick a écrit :
15 > Please ignore previous message ... I should have gone to bed by now because
16 > evidently I am too tired to think clearly! O_O
17 >
18 > I will try to boot up with a 64bit OS next.
19 >