From: Matt Randolph <mattr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Personal firewall for Linux?
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 18:59:44
1 I've seen related threads here recently, but I think my question is
2 different enough to warrant a new thread.
3
4 I'm looking for a personal firewall along the lines of the ZoneAlarm
5 product for Windows. I don't want to take the time to teach myself
6 iptables if there is a simple alternative.
7
8 I'm not trying to do anything complicated like protect a LAN or include
9 a DMZ or run an ftp server or anything like that. I'm just looking for
10 a quick and easy way to add another layer of protection to my desktop by
11 closing all unused ports.
12
13 A GUI is preferred but is not required.
14
15 Any suggestions?
16
17 (If you dare answer,) what firewall do you use and why did you choose it?
18 --
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list