From: Anthony Roy <antroy@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Reiserfs partition corrupted - help!
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 19:18:54
1 Hi All,
2
3 Last night I decided to set up a rsync server on my gentoo server box.
4 I have a partition mounted under /srv, and that was the disk the rsync
5 module was located on. I then proceeded to rsync the contents of my
6 main PC over to the server. I tested the scripts a few times first to
7 ensure that things were working OK, and indeed they were. I then set
8 it running when I went to bed.
9
10 This morning I wake up to find the server had crashed and was
11 inaccessible. All processes seemed to have shut down. Rebooting the
12 computer resulted in the reiserfsck being run - and failing!!
13
14 I have tried reiserfsck --rebuild-tree /dev/hdc6 and I get a complaint
15 that the filesystem could not be rebuilt
16
17 bread: Cannot read the block (87878789) (Input/Output error)
18
19 It also suggests (aside from buying a new disk!) to try overwriting
20 the blocks if there are only a few of them. How do I go about doing
21 this?? And does anyone have any other suggestions on how to recover
22 the filesystem?
23
24 Cheers,
27 Ant...