From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] why firefox is so slow?
Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 06:37:31
1 lordsauronthegreat@×××××.com wrote:
2 > On Monday 01 May 2006 10:57 pm, Alexander Skwar wrote:
3 >> lordsauronthegreat@×××××.com wrote:
4 >> > On Sunday 30 April 2006 05:59 am, Alexander Skwar wrote:
5 >> >> wu chuanwen wrote:
6
7 >> >> Try a blank Firefox profile. To create one, run "firefox
8 >> >> -ProfileManager".
9 >> >
10 >> > This is something like the third time you've suggested this.
11 >>
12 >> You counted? :)
13 >
14 > Not really.
15
16 Aha. Why are you then giving an exact number?
17
18 >> > Please explain
19 >> > how this will help. I'm serious: I don't see how this could help.
20 >>
21 >> My assumption: Problem is caused by bad settings, which includes
22 >> extensions or themes. If problem goes away with a new/blank profile,
23 >> we know where the problem is.
24 >
25 > Yes, I'm just saying that it's highly unlikely that the profile is the
26 > problem.
27
28 Okay. What's the ground for your reasoning? As I wrote a few
29 moments ago, my basis is, that I'm quite active in the German
30 Mozilla newsgroups and thus see how often a blank profile solves
31 problems.
32
33 What about you?
34
35 > I've never heard of a profile causing a problem in my life.
36
37 Well, that's obviously because you don't read much.
38
39 > I
40 > could be wrong,
41
42 I wouldn't wonder.
43
44 > but I'm still skeptical nonetheless.
45
46 Why?
47
48 You're a very strange person. But that's to be expected by
49 people with such a "cool" nickname.
50
51 Alexander Skwar
52 --
53 If rabbits' feet are so lucky, what happened to the rabbit?
54 --
55 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list