From: "Dmitry S. Makovey" <dmitry@××××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] USB weirdness
Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 16:14:34
1 Is it my problem or is it a generic problem:
2
3 My install of Gentoo (2006.0 profile with latest versions of
4 gentoo-kernel etc.) doesn't recognize events happening on USB bus.
5 i.e.: in order to use my multicard reader it has to be plugged in
6 upon boot - otherwise it's not recognized. Furthermore - if I unplug
7 it and plug it back in - can't get to device at all.
8
9 I checked to have coldplug and hotplug to be activated/deactivated on
10 boot etc. and all combination I've tried didn't help. I also tried to
11 enable USB debugging checking if there is any data comming from USB
12 and it seems like nothing is comming in. Same CardReader works fine
13 with Offtopic OS just fine it seems.
14
15 Actually same happened to my PDA (Sony Clie) - after I unplug
16 cardreader - Gentoo wouldn't recognize my PDA being plugged in on
17 same USB. At some point (I think it was before switching to 2.6
18 kernel) it all worked just fine.
19
20 In case if this is of any relevance - my MB is Tyan Tiger MP 2460, my
21 card reader is Lacie 6-in-1.
24 Dmitry Makovey
25 Web Systems Administrator
26 Athabasca University