From: Andrew Randles <ehud42@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Problem with doing a system restore
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 13:26:11
1 Hi everyone I was hoping someone would have suggestion for me.
2
3 My hard drive was going bad so I bought a new one and put it in.
4 Instead of doing a complete reinstall I used dar and a usb harddrive
5 to do a backup of the system. I then used a gentoo live cd (2004.2 or
6 3) and to get everything setup and copied over. That worked well and
7 up until I had to chroot in and take care of the grub setup.
8
9 I keep getting glibc errors with "symbol erron" when I try to run
10 env-update, ls or emerge commands.
11
12 When I run grub root (hd0,0) it says no such drive or device. My
13 /dev/ folder in the chrooted environment is empty.
14
15 The system is a 2.6 kernel with 2.6 headers. I wonder if maybe I need
16 an updated cd.
17
18 Does anyone else have anymore ideas.
19 Thanks,