From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Is gnome becoming obligatory?
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2017 10:34:41
1 On Mon, 11 Dec 2017 23:24:48 +0000, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2
3 > > I more and more get the feeling that linux is standardising on the
4 > > Gnome desktop, which I really just DO NOT get on with.
5 >
6 > Nor I. it's second only to M$ in its arrogance.
7
8 I have three gnome packages installed on this KDE box. One is the tiny
9 package that started this thread, and is GNOME only in name, the other
10 two are dependencies of XFCE, which I also have installed.
11
12 I see no GNOME takeover, beyond the fact that many distros are choosing
13 GNOME as their default desktop.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 If at first you don't suceed, try the switch marked "Power"