From: Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] site:www.gentoo.org (compile phase)...die "econf failed"
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 01:41:24
1 On 05/15/2011 09:25 PM, Adam Carter wrote:
2 >
3 > Purge ccache entirely from your system, it's bad news. Then `source
4 > /etc/profile && env-update`.
7 > AFAIK i've never had a problem with ccache. I've been using it for years
8 > on two different systems.
9 >
10 > The OP's probably appears to be that he has ccache in FEATURES but its
11 > not installed....as Mick stated 16 hours ago.
12
13 I meant that like when I tell my friends with the crippling alcoholism,
14 "get rid of the motorcycle, it's bad news."
15
16 ccache is installed, judging by his bash history. It doesn't appear to
17 be in FEATURES. It's easier to solve this one with a chainsaw than with
18 a scalpel.