From: Samuel Baldwin <shardz4217@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Network connection repeatedly failing!
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 00:16:41
1 With those problems resolved, another arises.
2
3 I have since moved my computer back to my house (to stay). Upon initial
4 boot, it complained about not finding certain things (gateway, nameserver),
5 which is obviously the fact that I'm using dhcp. I then changed the settings
6 in /etc/conf.d/net, then rebooted. It all seemed fine, but ping, emerge, and
7 firefox dont work for anything public, and I'm wondering if I did something
8 wrong. I changed all the settings in /etc/conf.d/net to resemble the dhcp
9 settings in the handbook. Is there another command/file I need to edit?
12 Samuel (shardz)
13
14 Noha+Shardz Productions: nsproductions.co.nr
15
16 Registered Linux User #410639
17
18 amarok.kde.org