From: Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] ipset: hash or bitmap?
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 17:39:31
1 Hi Gentoo-users,
2
3 what is "prefered" way of storing ipsets (i.e. for IP):
4 hash or bitmap?
5
6 I have been searching for some time but still did not find
7 any info concerning hash/bitmap comparison, dis/advantages,
8 features, etc.
9
10 And one more question: when ipset starts "making sense"?
11 I mean, for 2 IPs it is probably easier to forget ipset
12 and just include 2 iptables-rules. But what if I have to
13 define the same iptables-rule for 5 (or 10, 20) IPs?
14 Does it make sense to use ipset already? Or is such a set
15 still too small to be used?
16
17 Jarry
21 This mailbox accepts e-mails only from selected mailing-lists!
22 Everything else is considered to be spam and therefore deleted.