From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Changing names of LOTS of files, adding to them actually.
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2011 15:45:08
1 On Fri, Dec 02, 2011 at 10:50:37AM +0000, Stroller wrote:
2 >
3 > On 1 December 2011, at 10:42, Dale wrote:
4 > >> ...
5 > >> sys-apps/renameutils should be installed on every system, IMO, and aliased thus in your .bashrc:
6 > >>
7 > >> alias qmv="qmv -f do"
8 > >> alias qcp="qcp -f do"
9 > >>
10 > >> Set $EDITOR to vi, and renaming TV shows becomes quick and easy.
11 > >
12 > > vi? O_O Would nano not work? I got stuck in vi once. I felt like I was in Hotel California. :/ Got that tune in your head now huh? lol
13 > >
14 > > I'm going to see what else is available too. I bet since Krename is installed, rename is installed too. I'm sure Krename is just a GUI front end to something already on here.
15 >
16 > nano would work.
17 >
18 > When you use renameutils in --format=destination-only (`-f do`) mode, you just get a list of current file names in your text editor. You change them to the new names you desire and when you save the text file (and exit) the rename is completed. If you make such an error that you don't want the changes to apply you exit the text editor without saving.
19
20 Ha, I didn’t know that, thanks. If it became necessary to do a search and
21 replace, I block-selected the first column and cut it into a register, anothe
22 buffer, or just deleted it away and at the end of editing, refetched the list
23 of files using :r !ls.
24
25 PS.: This mail was written in vi because I left KMail out of frustration for
26 the time being. ;-)
27 --
28 :x
29 :q
30 I forbid any use of my email addresses with Facebook services.
31
32 Das kann ja Eiter werden.