From: Jorge Peixoto de Morais Neto <please.no.spam.here@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] filesystems
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 00:00:03
1 On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 7:15 PM, Joerg Schilling
2 <Joerg.Schilling@××××××××××××××××.de> wrote:
3 > James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 >> Backups.
6 >>
7 >> get a usb stick and manually copy your stuff to it, periodically.
10 > Where do you get these 1 TB USB sticks?
11 >
12 You are seeing from the perspective of a sysadmin.
13 He was replying to me, a desktop user. My most important data occupy
14 little space and can surely be backed up in a 1 GB pen drive. The
15 music ripped from CDs, the linux ISOs and other kind of recoverable
16 data do not need backup.
17 As for my photos, I can back all the collection to a single DVD (and
18 to a second one, since I keep hearing that DVD-Rs are unreliable), and
19 since I don't take new photos every week, this solution is fine.