From: Mauro Faccenda <faccenda@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Mark Shields <laebshade@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] VNC over SSH (VNC session is non-local to SSH)
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 17:22:39
1 On Tuesday 10 October 2006 13:46, Mark Shields wrote:
2 > I have a gentoo box setup as a router with 3 servers behind it (all 4
3 > servers are running gentoo). Right now I simply have port 5901 to forward
4 > from the router to my vnc server so I can access it remotely. I've looked
5 > on the gentoo forums and online but haven't been able to find any solid
6 > information on how to tunnel 5901 through ssh through the router to the vnc
7 > server. Basically, client -> router -> vnc server port 5901, but over ssh.
8 > Any ideas?
9
10 if you want to connect to a vnc session on the ssh server:
11
12 ssh -L 5901:localhost:5901 user@host_of_ssh_server
13
14 then:
15
16 vncviewer localhost:1
17
18 if you want to connect to another box at the same network of the ssh server:
19
20 ssh -L 5901:ip_of_another_box:5901 user@host_of_ssh_serverr
21
22 then: