From: Thierry de Coulon <tcoulon@××××××××.ch>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Lost nameserver
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 21:22:40
1 On Friday 09 March 2007 21:57, Dan Farrell wrote:
2
3 > In all likelihood, you didn't edit /etc/conf.d/net for one of your
4 > network interfaces, which ifplugd then tried to bring up. you may want
5 > to change /etc/conf.d/rc.
6
7 Yes, I did edit /etc/conf.d/net. Actually everything works correctly (I get
8 the correct IP on the correct card and the gateway is also correct). the only
9 thing that does not work is that I have no dns setting so I can't download
10 the sources to install.
11
12 I can add "nameserver <IP>" in /etc/resolv.conf but it's gone at the next
13 reboot. I've now added dsn_servers_eth0 in /etc/conf.d/net and I'll see next
14 time if I get the dns right.
15
16 Thierry
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list