From: Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] blank (black) screen on kde 5
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2016 02:40:20
1 2016-04-15 19:51 GMT-03:00 Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>:
2
3 > On Friday 15 Apr 2016 14:11:18 Francisco Ares wrote:
4 >
5 > > > hmmm, I am using gnome and also get the blank screen, and I don't have
6 > > > an sddm user at all, so I wonder if its a bit more basic.
7 >
8 > OK, is x11-misc/sddm installed?
9 >
10 > Did you create a config file as advise by the elog?
11 > --
12 > Regards,
13 > Mick
16 Yes, I was not sure on how to do that, so I used kcmshell5 kcm_sddm (inside
17 another window manager) to get to the same point. Now it seems to me like
18 going round the Earth just to get to the other side of the block, but it
19 worked.
20
21 Thanks,
22 Francisco