From: Meino.Cramer@×××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Webcamviewer (or such) ?
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 15:43:27
1 Hi,
2
3 For watching different wildlife webcams of the internet for a longer
4 period of time I am looking for something, which I tend to call
5 "webcam viewer"...(Warning! Not-native-english-speaker ahead! ;)
6
7 Normally one opens up firefox (or any other browser), enter the
8 URL and get the interface of the webcam displayed...sometimer with
9 more than one port to watch. The resolution of these streams are
10 low most of the time...nonetheless I need a completey firefox and
11 its memory footprint is not that of a child.
12 Rendering a complex scene with blender in parallel let my PC with
13 8GB start swapping from time to time.
14
15 I am looking for something, which displays one port/one stream of
16 such an URL in a window sized according to the physical resolution
17 of the stream, so I can pin it in one corne of my display without
18 interfering with the rest and without killing my RAM.
19
20 Or is this complete idea nonsense ? ;)
21
22 What is the recommended application for such a task?
23
24 Thank yo very much in advance for any help!
25
26 Best regards,
27 Meino