From: Kevin Philp <kevin@×××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Postfix is very slow
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 09:05:49
1 I think before answering the question your note begs the question....what are
2 you doing? Are you a professional spammer??
3
4 Kevin
5
6 On Monday 6 December 2004 08:16, Patrick Marquetecken wrote:
7 >Hi,
8 >
9 >I have installed postfix for sending out mass e-mails. Batches less then 10
10 > emails are deliverd in seconds, batches of 100 emails takes sometimes 5 min
11 > before they leave. If we do the same on our "old" exchange 5 it takes
12 > seconds for 100 emails. I must send about 10.000 emails in one night.
13 >The machine is a pentium3 like the exchange and has 128mb ram (uses 57mb, no
14 > swap) Kernel: 2.4.25
15 >Postfix: 2.1.15-r1
16 >
17 >any advice to get it faster would be fine.
18 >Patrick
22 >--
23 >gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list