From: John Blinka <john.blinka@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: sysrescue+new asus mobo+secure boot=0
Date: Wed, 12 May 2021 23:51:26
1 On Wed, May 12, 2021 at 5:29 PM John Blinka <john.blinka@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > On Wed, May 12, 2021 at 1:35 PM Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
8 >> I'd be surprised to find that "Other OS" is a secure boot option, it
9 >> sounds like the option to run without secure boot.
12 > Perhaps. That will be one of my experiments once I get things working.
15 And it appears your intuition is correct. I left all the “secure boot”
16 options in the bios at their defaults except one. I changed “OS Type” from
17 “Windows UEFI mode” to “Other OS”. That was sufficient to boot from my
18 Sysrescue usb.
19
20 John