From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't boot using UEFI
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2015 13:55:50
1 On Sun, Jun 14, 2015 at 8:40 AM, João Matos <jaoneto@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > Hi list,
4 >
5 > I've bought me a ultrabook dell vostro 5470, and I'm trying to get gentoo
6 running on it.
7 >
8 > I'm having a few problems, but I'd like to correct the boot one first.
9 >
10 > I'm installing it from ubuntu live cd, and the comand:
11 >
12 > efibootmgr --create --disk /dev/sda --part 7 --label "Gentoo" --loader
13 "\boot\efi\boot\bootx64.efi"
14 >
15 > seems to work. It put a entry on bios - Gentoo - but when I select it,
16 the windows start (second boot).
17 >
18 > The handbook is not that clear, so I'm not sure if I should call
19 /dev/sda7 of "--part 7". Other difference is I'm not using a separate
20 /boot. Its everything at /, so I'm also not not sure if this path is ok.
21 >
22 > This seems to be the very simple, and I'd like to have it on my system.
23 But I've also tried grub2, and got the following error:
24 >
25 > "grub2-install: error: cannot find EFI directory."
26 >
27 > What should I do?
28
29 Have you tried gummiboot? AFAIR, it's a simple matter of doing:
30
31 gummiboot --path=/boot install
32
33 /boot should be yout EFI System Partition (ESP).
34
35 Regards.
36 --
37 Canek Peláez Valdés
38 Profesor de asignatura, Facultad de Ciencias